It is true that the love you put into your home shows. Homes that are cared for and are happy reflect a certain kind of positive vibe.
From the moment you set foot into such homes, you start getting a sense of how happy and well-cared for it is.
In recent years, high price tag interior design solutions have become quite aspirational.
Luxury homes where the investments in interiors sometimes outweigh the actual cost of the home are becoming more and more common.
This does not mean that if you are on a tight budget you will not be able to give your home a makeover.
You can get a stunning-looking home at a fraction of the costs if you know where you should look at. In this article, we look at the top ten affordable interior design tips to help you create an attractive space.
- 1 How Homeowners on a Tight Budget can go for Redesigning: An Expert’s Suggestion
- 2 List of the Top 10 Affordable Interior Design Tips-
- 2.1 1. Go for Cool Lighting Solutions-
- 2.2 2. Include your Travels in your Home’s story-
- 2.3 3. Go Green in all the Rooms of your Home-
- 2.4 4. Find a place to showcase your Old and Heritage Items-
- 2.5 5. Paintings and Wall Art to liven up Space-
- 2.6 6. Change the Mirrors in the House-
- 2.7 7. Ditch Expensive Paints for Wallpaper-
- 2.8 8. Cluttering is not a great option to pursue-
- 2.9 9. Take Frequent Trips to the Flea Markets for Furniture-
- 2.10 10. Work with an Interior Design Expert-
- 3 The Bottom Line:
How Homeowners on a Tight Budget can go for Redesigning: An Expert’s Suggestion
Affordable interior design Atlanta, a leading name in the décor world points out that creative thinking is critical in this regard. This means that the more creative you are, the better you will be able to give meaning to spaces on a budget.
The latest trends in interior design suggest a mish-mash of an old and new culture. ‘Grand-millennials’ is a term that you might have heard about. It showcases millennials that love collecting things and value their history.
- Finding inspiration from your travels and inspirations can help you with creative visualization.
- Visiting estate sales, garage sales, and scouring the local flea markets can be a great place to start your furniture discovery.
- Social Media, especially Pinterest can give you a lot of ideas on how you can tailor-make your home to reflect your personality.
List of the Top 10 Affordable Interior Design Tips-
1. Go for Cool Lighting Solutions-
Sometimes all you need are some old-fashioned gas bulbs and open metal wires hanging down from the ceilings! We know you are imagining the same. A cool, inexpensive, and stylish interior design tip on a budget is to play around with the lighting. Old-fashioned lamps, especially on bedstands and office desks are very much in fashion.
2. Include your Travels in your Home’s story-
Most of us like to pick up small stuff that is indigenous to the places we travel and visit. Your home should reflect your love for travel and exploration. You can always find solutions to include wall hanging, small weights, and other knick-knacks that can lend the home a truly global feel. This is a great way to bring back a place with you in some way or form.
3. Go Green in all the Rooms of your Home-
Yes, you heard that right. We are talking about everything from plants in the bathroom to sustainable furniture in your living room. This is an affordable hack to bring freshness, positivity, and most importantly, more oxygen into your living areas. It can also make you come across as someone that takes his or her responsibility towards the environment very seriously.
4. Find a place to showcase your Old and Heritage Items-
The all-pervasiveness of modernity and all things tech is forcing people to clutch on to their history and tradition. An old grandfather’s clock, an antique dresser or a century-old coffee table, all this and more. Old and traditional furniture showcases where you are coming from and what you feel about your lineage and legacy. Not to mention old furniture looks cool!
5. Paintings and Wall Art to liven up Space-
You do not have to know about 17th century Renaissance painters to put up a painting in your home. Visiting your local flea market and picking up pieces by budding and upcoming artists is something that you can do. Wall Art is a great way to become a conversation starter. Having art around the house gives it a certain sense of sophistication and maturity.
6. Change the Mirrors in the House-
Yes, you read that right. Heading out for an all-night party or going to your next big interview, a mirror is probably the first and last thing everyone looks at. Big and oversized mirrors are back in fashion. Having mirrors in appropriate areas gives the impression of more open and larger spaces. Go for brass and woodwork as well as rounded curves on the mirror frames.
7. Ditch Expensive Paints for Wallpaper-
Why not change the way your room looks at a fraction of the costs? There have been a lot of advancements in wallpapers over the years. Many new and great companies and tech have come up that are creating some great-looking themes and wallpapers. The best part is that they come with a warranty for a specific period and can be installed easily by the shops.
8. Cluttering is not a great option to pursue-
The year 2021 is all about cleanliness and minimalism. Cluttering is passe and should be avoided. Try to free up as many open spaces in your home as possible. The more you can walk around and stretch, the better is the layout of the décor. Try to put only those things in your house that are needed or have use for on an everyday basis. Clutter-free is the way to go.
9. Take Frequent Trips to the Flea Markets for Furniture-
Do not be afraid to think out-of-the-box. When it comes to furniture, checking out flea markets can be a great design tip. You never know what you are going to find. However, if you are creative and can visually imagine spaces, you will be able to find great furniture at dirt-cheap prices that can light up your living spaces. However, you need to seriously invest in the effort.
10. Work with an Interior Design Expert-
If you do your research, you will be able to land on interior design experts who do not need you to break the bank. There is a common misconception that interior designers are unaffordable or can be afforded only by the super-rich. This is not true. Many designers can help bring your vision to life at a very small cost.
The Bottom Line:
By following the above ten affordable interior design tips, you will be able to ideate and execute your home in the most beautiful manner possible. If you want our experts to answer any of your other design queries, drop them in the comments section below.