How to clean a suede couch is a matter of concern for many of us. It is nice to have a suede sofa in your leaving room for comfort and to decorate your room. But to keep it clean? oh boy! that’s a tough job. So, how to clean a suede couch? Do you have any idea?
A large suede sofa adds luxury to your living room. Investing in one of these is similar to investing in your comfort while also giving the living room a cozy vibe. But, having one comes with the responsibility of cleaning it.
In your luxury item, you are the only one who is giving the maximum worth. If you are taking the help of a professional cleaner, you can avail of their service once a month or a year.
But if you are into sofa cleaning and do it regularly, you do not have to take help from professional cleaning services. This is the reason most of the buyers are asking,” how do I clean a suede couch with the cleaner.”
How To Clean A Suede Couch At Home?
The suede furniture is looking very elegant, but one single stain can ruin the whole look of the couch. So how can you solve it? You can stop inviting a guest or use a suede cleaner for the couch. If you stop inviting your guest over dinner, who will appreciate your couch. So using the best cleaner for a suede couch is the most suitable option.
Here is the guide about how to clean a suede couch at home.
1. Cleaning Method For Dry Stains
For dry and wet, first, choose the good suede couch cleaner for your home use. Many of the users are asking how to clean a suede couch by hand. When you are maintaining a weekly cleaning routine, you are not going to need machines to keep clean suede sofas. Your hands and one pair of domestic gloves are enough.
Here are the instructions to clean the dry stains from your couch.
First, gather the following items and wear one pair of domestic gloves.
- One suede brush
- One suede eraser or a brown gum eraser
- A few suede cleaning wet tissues
- One piece of 1200-grit sandpaper
- Suede polisher
Instruction To Clean The Dry Stains:
- First, identify the strains and do not use your nails or any scrubbers to clean them. Use a soft bristle suede brush to clean it.
- If the stain is very tough, then only use the sandpaper but do not over rub the stain.
- After that, use the eraser to eliminate the last signs of the stains.
- Clean the area with the suede brush. And apply the suede cleaner wet tissues to clean the rest of the stains.
- For adding a little shine, you can apply the suede polisher to the area. Now many of the suede wet tissue cleaners are having the polisher into them. If you are choosing this type of tissue, it is going to serve your all-purpose.
2. Cleaning Method For Wet Stains
For the wet stains, the game is a little bit different than the dry one. Do you know even water can cause a strain on your favorite suede couch? Yes, this is correct. This is the reason most of the users are asking how to remove water stains from the suede couch. When you want to know how to clean a suede couch. You better learn to identify the different stains.
Here is the instruction to clean the wet stains of the suede couch.
First, gather all the following items and prepare yourselves by wearing one pair of gloves.
- Spray suede cleaner or the white vinegar
- Talcum powder
- Softsoap water (room temperature water)
- Suede cleaning wet tissues
- Clean tissues
- Suede polisher
Instruction To Clean The Wet Stains:
- Identify the nature of the stains. The three types of wet spills are cousin stains on the suede couch. The oil or grease, watery consisting of liquid and blood, are three types of common wet stains. When you want to know how to clean a suede couch, you have first to understand the nature of the wet stains.
- If the stains are from any watery spills, spray the cleaner on the spot and wait a few seconds, then wipe out with a clean, soft tissue. You can use white vinegar instead of suede cleaner.
- If the stain is from the oil or any greasy substances. First, sprinkle the Talcum powder in the area. Leave it for the night. Then next day, wipe out the place with the clean tissue.
- For the bloodstains, you have to apply the soap water with a small cotton ball. And do not forget to drain out the excess soap water from the cotton ball, which will prevent extra spillage. Then clean the place with dry soft tissue.
- For an achieving, better-polished look, apply the suede polisher after cleaning.
Can You Steam Clean Suede?
When you want to know how to clean a suede couch, you better know the facts of the steam cleaning. If you want to go for the deep cleaning method. You can go for steam cleaning because steam cleaning of the suede couches is very effective.
But do not try to do it on your own. Take the help of the professionals because the temperature and the stream are going to depend on the stain level of your couch. And if you are going for yearly or monthly steam cleaning, that would be fine to preserve the natural clean shine of your suede couch.
Wrapping It Up
The suede couch is a very luxurious item. If you are going to invest in these items, always maintain a weekly cleaning regime. When the stains are fresh, you do not have to take help from professional cleaners, but if you do not follow the routine household cleaning, you have to help the professional cleaning services that are costly and time-consuming. Here you are getting the whole idea about how to clean a suede couch at your home. Follow the steps and keep your sofa clean and fresh. How are you going to clean your suede couches? Do not forget to share your experience with us.