In today’s market, selling a home can present some serious challenges, even if you have the best home on the block. Fortunately, we’re here with five different tips that you can use to ensure your home not only looks amazing but sells quickly. Honestly, you’re going to need all the help you can get.
Tip 1: Make it Look Different!
If you want to attract attention to your home, you need to make people remember it, at least as best you can. You need to remember that anyone looking at your home is likely doing so under the guidance of a real estate agent and with that being the case, they have probably seen a lot of other homes at this point. How are they going to remember yours? They’re going to come back to the one that they remember, so consider this:
- Do some landscaping – It might take some effort, but put in a fountain, add a garden, or install some lighting along the walkway.
- Fix the Roof – You can install some high-grade roofing to really bring attention to your home. Something important to note is that when people are looking for a home, they want one that they can rely on for a long time and that they won’t have to sink a lot of money into. Installing a good roof will definitely make your home more attractive, especially if that roof has a decent warranty.
- Update the Appliances – This might seem a bit futile, especially if you are planning to take the appliances with you, but if your potential buyer walks through to see state of the art appliances they’re going to know two things: 1. Your home is properly wired to accept new appliances 2. You have the money to spend in other areas of the home.
These are three of the best tips, but we’re not quite done yet.
Tip 2: Clean it Up
Do we really need to say this one? Okay, maybe we do. Cleaning up the clutter is without a doubt one of the best things that you can do when it comes to selling your home. You live in the house, yes, but there are two things that you want to make sure of. First of all, you don’t want to make the home look lived in, because as they walk through it, they might not feel entirely welcome. You want them to believe that this is their next home, and they’re seeing your mark all over it, they definitely won’t get that vibe, so to speak. Secondly, you want to create a more spacious environment. The market is all about open concept homes, and too much clutter might make it feel a bit claustrophobic.
Tip 3: Know how to Deal
If you want to make your home more attractive for the buyer, you need to offer them a better deal. For example, you could offer to pay the closing costs which might save your buyers several thousand dollars. In addition to that, you could offer a transferrable home warranty that covers the appliances in the home. It’s a great way to sweeten the deal, and a great way to get your home sold almost immediately.
Tip 4: Make it Look Better from the Outside
This is what we would refer to as ‘curb appeal’. You could put a lot of work into the interior of your home but let’s be honest: the first thing your buyers are going to see, is the outside of your home as they pull up to the curb, so why wouldn’t you want to make sure that it looks good? The answer is that you absolutely would. Make sure you cut the grass, replace any broken lights, trim the bushes, and even wash the exterior with a power washer if you have one. Make it look great, and make it a house someone would want to walk into and purchase.
Read also: Tips to Find the Best Homes for Sale
Tip 5: Make it Ready for Move In
Is your home ready to be moved into? You need to create a checklist to ensure that it is, which will include:
- Plumbing – Make sure it’s in working order and that there are no leaks
- Appliances – Keep them updated and looking appealing for the potential buyer
- Electrical – Ensure that the home is wired properly and that it can handle modern appliances
- Building Codes – No one wants to spend extra money bringing their new home up to code; do it for them, if it hasn’t been done already.
- Clean it Up – No one wants to move into a dirty house, and doing a little bit of cleaning will go a long way. What does that mean exactly? It means dust all of the surfaces, clean the windows, and most importantly, make sure that the floor is clean. You can make use of a carpet scrubber or a steam cleaner to ensure that the floor is both free of debris and restored to its original condition before potential buyers make their way through it.
These are four great tips for making it move-in ready. The new owners aren’t going to want to spend a ton of money right off the bat; they want to enjoy their new home, so make sure it’s possible. It is important to remember that while you might have a great home to sell, so does nearly everyone else in your neighborhood. You need to make sure that you are one-upping them, so to speak, and offering something that could be considered at least a little different.
These five tips aren’t necessarily going to guarantee a sale, but they will definitely go a long way toward setting you apart from the rest. Employ these and others as you work on your sale, and get ready for brilliant success.
Over the many years, we’ve been in operation, Nationwide Home Loans has built a solid reputation in the mortgage lending space. We have a committed and professional workforce that’s results-oriented and dedicated. To learn more about loans and mortgages visit our website